WestJet Offers McCafé Premium Roast Coffee On Board Boeing Aircraft
WestJet announced it has partnered with McDonald’s® Canada in a move that will see the restaurant’s McCafé Premium Roast coffee available on board WestJet aircraft.
By December 1, WestJet will offer McCafé Premium Roast coffee across its fleet of Boeing 737NG and 767NG aircraft with the company’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, to follow.
Both companies’ high standards for quality and guest satisfaction were reflected in developing new brewing procedures on-board. The result is a uniquely rich, bold taste of McCafé Premium Roast Coffee that will surprise and delight guests on WestJet flights.
“We are delighted to bring a new way to café on board WestJet and know that our 21 million guests per year will enjoy the taste of a complimentary McCafé Premium Roast Coffee wherever they are flying,” said Gregg Saretsky, WestJet President and CEO. “The collaboration between our two caring brands is a perfect pairing, as McCafé’s values are reflected in WestJet’s commitment to offer an unmatched guest experience.”
“We’ve always believed that the sky is the limit for McCafé – and today this officially rings true,” said John Betts, McDonald’s Canada, President and CEO. “We’re proud that Canadians have welcomed McCafé into their homes and daily routines, and now our partnership with WestJet lets us take this connection to even greater heights for Canadian coffee lovers.”
• With more than 140 aircraft, the partnership will serve approximately 30,000 cups of McCafé Premium Roast coffee to WestJet guests, every day.
• Coffee on board WestJet aircraft is served in a McCafé signature double-walled cup, which will have the same highly popular on-cup rewards collector card and peelable sticker, redeemable upon completion at participating Canadian McDonald’s restaurants.
• The unique cups feature a special McCafé and WestJet design and will be offered for the first time on-board with a lid as a courtesy on request.
• With McDonald’s Canada, WestJet found a Canadian partner that shares a focus on community, including through an existing and strong relationship with Ronald McDonald House Charities® Canada.
• Both companies are consistently among Canada’s Top Employers.
• McCafé Premium Roast Brewed coffee is made with 100 per cent Arabica beans. (For more information about McCafé’s sustainability commitments, please visit here.)
• Complimentary beverages are available on most WestJet flights and may include water, soft drinks, juice, tea, and McCafé Premium Roast coffee.
The McCafé brand has established itself as a leading player in the Canadian quick-service coffee landscape with its Premium Roast coffee, surprising and delighting guests with each cup. Building on its strong coffee credentials, McCafé has expanded into grocery aisles, evolved to include a McCafé Bakery menu, launched two standalone cafés in Toronto with an expanded menu and now brought on-board WestJet flights. The brand’s iconic Free Coffee events have served Canadians more than 150 million cups of Premium Roast coffee to date.